- Minimum age of 21 as of June 1st preferred.
- Belief in the purpose and value of the Girl Scouting movement, and hold current membership with Girl Scouts of the USA or willingness to become a member before June 1st.
- Have good character, integrity, adaptability, patience, sense of humor, and enthusiasm.
- Interest in and understanding of children and a desire to share valuable experiences with them.
- Ability to communicate with staff, campers, and parents with diplomacy and tact.
- Enjoyment of outdoor living and adaptability to camp program.
- Acceptance of people, and ability to work with children and adults with diverse situations, orientations, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to be a leader on a daily basis, make decisions, and act wisely in emergency situations.
- Promote fun, creativity, learning, decision-making skills, and environmental respect.
- Willingness to clean and keep a tidy and organized work and living area.
- Possess current driver’s license preferred.
- Possess the following certifications, or have the willingness and ability to obtain certification prior to June 1st:
- American Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguarding
- American Red Cross Small Craft Water Safety
- Supervisory, camp, and programming experience helpful.
- Knowledge of Girl Scout program and camp experience helpful.
Any physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions unless this would cause an undue hardship to the Council.
- Prolonged standing, bending, stooping, walking long distances, hiking, climbing, and stretching;
- Moderate lifting (up to 35 pounds).
- Walking on uneven terrain, up and down hills for distances up to 2 miles.
- Endurance to meet emergency needs.
- Ability to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours.
- Swim 500 yards.
- Ability to tolerate daily exposure to the sun, heat, and animals such as bugs, snakes, bats, etc.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee(s) assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an extensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time. The employee is expected to adhere to all organization policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to the organization policies.