- Minimum age of 18 at time of application (21+ preferred).
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED.
- Current NC driver’s license, and ability to drive vehicles and equipment on and off camp property.
- Understandable speech, ability to communicate both on the phone and in person, and to read and write printed material.
- Possess time management, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent customer relation’s skills and ability to interact with volunteers and staff.
- Available to work weekends and some holidays.
Any physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions unless this would cause an undue hardship to the Council.
- Prolonged sitting, standing, bending, stooping, and walking;
- Occasionally walking long distances on uneven terrain;
- Frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50lbs;
- Ability to see in dimly lit areas (under buildings and with flashlight);
- Ability to tolerate occasional exposure to the sun, heat, and animals such as bugs, snakes, bats, etc.
- Periodical exposure to bleach, latex, pollen, dust, pesticides, and herbicides.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee(s) assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an extensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time. The employee is expected to adhere to all organization policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to the organization policies.