Position Title: Grants and Corporate Relations Manager
Status: Exempt - Administrative
Reports to: Executive Director, Bosma Visionary Opportunities Foundation
Primary responsibilities include the overall management of the grants program, which is charged with managing relationships and securing support from foundations, corporations, and government grantors capable of making high dollar grant awards and program sponsorship to Bosma Visionary Opportunities Foundation and Bosma Enterprises. This individual will develop and implement a plan for researching grant opportunities and developing proposals to secure funding in support of the organization. The Grants and Corporate Relations Manager must be able to work independently as a member of the Bosma Visionary Opportunities Foundation team.
The Grants and Corporate Relations Manager will be an individual with a rich development background specific in proposal development who has had progressive experience in securing grant awards. The ideal candidate cares deeply about the development profession and has worked in the non-profit arena, specifically within human services. Primary responsibilities include researching, identifying, and developing funding sources throughout Central Indiana as well as the responsibility of writing, submitting, and managing grants awarded to Bosma Visionary Opportunities Foundation and Bosma Enterprises. The incumbent is also responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting data on the performance of awarded grants.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions of the Grants & Corporate Relations Manager position consist primarily of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop an annual plan for securing $250,000-$500,000 in grant funding in support of Bosma Visionary Opportunities Foundation and Bosma Enterprises.
- Set and execute strategies for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of contributed revenue from corporate foundations and government agencies.
- Prepare, write, and submit all letters of inquiry and proposals, engaging other staff and departments as necessary, to ensure information consistency and provide data to support the rationale for the proposal.
- Utilize and maintain a comprehensive calendar of corporate and foundation funding opportunities and reporting deadlines. Focus on details and maintain an organized system to support donor acquisition, stewardship, and planning.
- Be the organization's expert regarding grant guidelines.
- Organize and conduct open meetings and presentations designed to increase grant funding opportunities and the number of grants awarded to Bosma Visionary Opportunities Foundation and Bosma Enterprises.
- Write, review, and edit grant proposals. Prepare and process all correspondence, presentation materials, and other grant-seeking or reporting documents.
- Submit grant reports to foundations, corporations, and other grantmaking entities.
- Compile existing data from various internal and external sources to support grant applications.
- Maintain funding opportunity databases, activity tracking system, and related confidential files.
- Create and monitor grant budgets.
- Prepare written activity reports on the progress of submitted grants and post-award follow-up, and present reports to senior management groups as requested.
- Identify, develop, and maintain community and vendor relationships with organizations/companies to support and provide additional grant opportunities.
- Proactively research and propose new grant opportunities, maintain contact with potential funding sources, and identify ways to increase the number and value of grants awarded to Bosma Visionary Opportunities Foundation and Bosma Enterprises.
- Establish and maintain internal relationships with applicable Bosma Enterprises personnel specific to grant opportunities to fund promoting/marketing events, graphic design needs, and the creation of digital and printed materials.
- Assist in raising funds via sponsorships through the corporate partnership program (Business Honor Roll) for special events: Dining in the Dark, Bosma Visionary Golf Classic, and The Thomas C. Hasbrook Award Luncheon.
- Assist in building a Culture of Philanthropy at Bosma Enterprises through engaging employees in the work of the Bosma Visionary Opportunities Foundation through training and development in basic principles associated with general fundraising techniques.