Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions. The company’s groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for retaining merchants that have expressed a desire to cancel their contract with Shift 4 Payments. Additionally, an Inside Sales Representative will proactively contact merchants through campaigns targeting accounts showing signs of potential flight risk or opportunity to offer a new product/solution, and are expected to quickly identify all issues causing the cancellation request and design a solution to retain the merchant account.
- Responsible for retaining merchants requesting to cancel, or showing high probability signs of cancellation. You will apply techniques and skills learned through on-going coaching, training, development and mentorship to become a Payments, POS and merchant services expert.
- Be Empowered to think outside of the box and critically, going above and beyond to deliver the best retention package solution for every merchant.
- Develop and maintain proficiency of Shift 4 Products and a deep understanding of the Payments Industry, to speak confidently in a convincing professional manner with merchants.
- Work with sales partners, resellers, 3rd party vendors and internal departments, to exhaust all options to retain merchants.
- Challenge yourself, strive to meet and exceed daily and monthly target goals/quotas, driven by Retention/Sales.
- Manage phone/email campaigns to merchants that have recently stopped processing, up for contract renewal and other assigned campaigns.
- Exceptional customer service skills, including strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Sales experience in any form is a BIG plus and preferred, you must have high energy every day
- An exemplary work ethic and passion to consistently deliver world class service to our merchants and sales partners
- Strong problem solving, creative and strategic thinking skills and ability to work well with all departments of Shift 4 Payments
- Dependable, with a strong sense of urgency and results-driven with target goals/quotas, leading to monthly incentives
- Comfortable spending the majority of your time on the phone
- Microsoft, Google Suite and CRM Experience Preferred
- Self-driven, motivated, energetic and ambitious
- Competitive base salary and unlimited monthly bonuses/commission based on performance
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health care, 401K, dental and vision along with vacation and personal time after successful completion of a probationary period.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics