Position Title: Database & Prospect Research Administrator
Status: Exempt - Administrative
Reports to: Executive Director, Bosma Visionary Opportunities Foundation
Primary responsibilities include the overall management of data operations for Bosma Visionary Opportunities Foundation. This individual will oversee and manage the data infrastructure needed to support various fundraising strategies, projects, and activities. The Database & Prospect Research Administrator must be able to work independently while working as a Bosma Visionary Opportunities Foundation team member.
The Database & Prospect Research Administrator will be an individual with a rich background in data management, reporting, and research, with progressive experience in philanthropic development. The ideal candidate cares deeply about the development profession and has worked in the non-profit arena, specifically within human services. The Database & Prospect Research Administrator receipts and acknowledges gifts, manages matching gift program, manages donor records, updates data, pulls reports and lists for mailing, and provides background data and support for fundraising personnel on the Bosma Visionary Opportunities Foundation team (i.e. Executive Director and Major Gift Officer).
The individual in this role will also manage the online event and donor software and tools, multiple direct mail projects, data cleansing and manipulation, statistical reporting and analysis, mailing list management, and donor/prospect research and relationship management. Analyzes and assesses information from multiple resources to assist in developing and implementing fundraising strategies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions of the Database & Prospect Research Administrator consist primarily of, but are not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Provides general oversight of all data functions related to the regular operations of Bosma Visionary Opportunities Foundation.
- Conducts data entry of contributions, manages donor records, and prepares gift acknowledgment letters.
- Conducts prospect research and provides background data and support for fundraising personnel on the Bosma Visionary Opportunities Foundation team (i.e. Executive Director and Gift Officer).
- Conducts data cleansing and manipulation, statistical reporting and analysis, and mailing list management
- Manages the tracking and coding of all event attendees for Bosma Visionary Opportunities Foundations foundation events and programs through an online event and donor software and tools.
- Manages matching gift program and completes and submits forms and ensures accurate gift entry
- Prepares complex database queries, exports, imports, and custom and canned reports to support department needs. Activities include (but are not limited to): preparing the event and gift reports, extracting and preparing donor solicitation and recognition lists, implementing regular NCOA updates, and preparing financial statements
- Creates and implements gift coding, attribute, and other table entries as required for accurate and efficient tracking of gift records
- Updates data and generates reports and lists for direct mail campaigns within Salesforces.
- Provides database training to Bosma Visionary Opportunities Foundation staff and volunteers
- Analyzes and assesses information from multiple resources to assist in developing and implementing fundraising strategies.
- Assesses and ensures accuracy, security, and integrity of fundraising donor database, including oversight and implementation of data entry standards and best practices
- Determines and implements projects to enhance and stream-line database usage
- In coordination with IT Department, perform updates to Salesforce software systems in accordance with manufacturer specifications and timeframes.
- In coordination with IT Department, provide IT support as needed for Bosma Visionary Opportunities Foundation events, held off-site.
- Implements special data projects and enhancements
- Assesses and troubleshoots department-related database issues. In coordination with IT, determine solutions and strategies.
- Assists in developing written policies and procedures for gift processing and data management
- Works with Accounting to reconcile gifts, pledges, and events.