The Systems Administrator will be responsible for the planning, installing, testing, monitoring, and ongoing administration of the firm’s systems used for managing endpoints. The Systems Administrator will work closely with the help desk team to help minimize ticket lifecycle times.
- Tier 2 Support – Escalation point for endpoint and Windows server related issues.
- Build out solution documentation and mentor help desk staff.
- Work with the team to develop monthly or quarterly lunch and learn type meetings where the helpdesk can dive into a new topic relevant to ongoing issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Understand best practices for system administration (use of remote tools, documenting tasks, etc.).
- Work with help desk to minimize ticket lifecycle times.
- Review tickets to ensure items are being escalated appropriately.
- Review tickets to ensure adequate information is being captured.
- Review tickets to identify trends and offer proactive solutions.
- Make recommendations to management where systems may be modified or improved to reduce support issues.
- Information Security
- Maintain security as a top priority when reviewing systems and troubleshooting issues.
- Involved in identifying and researching potential security issues.
- Firm grasp on operating system components, process structure, file systems, registry hives, remote access, and event logging.
- Basic understanding of protocols like HTTP, DNS, and TCP/IP.
- Basic understanding of network concepts and OSI model.