LJA Mission Statement
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US.
- Must possess excellent hospitality skills and a strong desire to foster an attitude of Christian hospitality to “exceed guest expectations”.
- Perform intermediate to advanced repairs to facilities, grounds, and company vehicles to include;
- HVAC Systems
- Vehicle Maintenance and Repairs
- Responsible for the repairs or preventative maintenance of hotel equipment and structures as assigned.
- Responsible for checking, repairing or replacing electrical systems and/or units such as; TV’s, hotel room HVAC units, lighting systems, electric panels.
- Trouble shoot and repair plumbing issues such as; clogged toilets, repair leaky water pipes, tubs, showers, drains, and repair and/or replace related fixtures.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations such as power outages, elevator failures, and fire alarm/sprinkler related issues.
- Performs routine repairs on equipment, and buildings, and at times assists the Landscaping department with grounds improvement or general maintenance and repairs.
- Responsible for all phases of repairs, maintenance, and installation of equipment as assigned.
- Able to fill out, complete, submit and file completed work orders. Advise department director of incomplete work orders, and reason for incomplete work order.
- Must be able to work On-Call shifts on a rotating schedule.
- Must respond timely to assigned maintenance requests.
- Responsible for, and/or assists with maintaining all inventory levels and pricing of all maintenance supplies, parts, tools, custodial supplies and equipment. To include storing and stocking inventory in supply room. Assures all processes and procedures are followed for the distribution of inventory or supplies for accurate cost control.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures and report any unsafe activities or conditions immediately to supervisor or the Human Resources department.
- Comply with all Human Resources Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required.