LJA Mission Statement
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a ministry of The United Methodist Church and plays a vital role by providing a location for training and renewal. Each year Lake Junaluska will host over 200,000 guests who are engaged in spiritual, training, recreation or renewal events and activities. Our guests include religious, non-profit and secular events. We are also a residential and vacation community.
- Must possess excellent hospitality skills and a strong desire to foster an attitude of Christian hospitality to “exceed guest expectations”.
- Perform intermediate to advanced repairs to facilities, grounds, and company vehicles to include;
- HVAC Systems
- Vehicle Maintenance and Repairs
- Responsible for the repairs or preventative maintenance of hotel equipment and structures as assigned.
- Responsible for checking, repairing or replacing electrical systems and/or units such as; TV’s, hotel room HVAC units, lighting systems, electric panels.
- Trouble shoot and repair plumbing issues such as; clogged toilets, repair leaky water pipes, tubs, showers, drains, and repair and/or replace related fixtures.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations such as power outages, elevator failures, and fire alarm/sprinkler related issues.
- Performs routine repairs on equipment, and buildings, and at times assists the Landscaping department with grounds improvement or general maintenance and repairs.
- Responsible for all phases of repairs, maintenance, and installation of equipment as assigned.
- Able to fill out, complete, submit and file completed work orders. Advise department director of incomplete work orders, and reason for incomplete work order.
- Must be able to work On-Call shifts on a rotating schedule.
- Must respond timely to assigned maintenance requests.
- Responsible for, and/or assists with maintaining all inventory levels and pricing of all maintenance supplies, parts, tools, custodial supplies and equipment. To include storing and stocking inventory in supply room. Assures all processes and procedures are followed for the distribution of inventory or supplies for accurate cost control.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures and report any unsafe activities or conditions immediately to supervisor or the Human Resources department.
- Comply with all Human Resources Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required.