Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania is a non-profit disability organization looking to hire a full-time Nurse to work with children 3 - 8 years old at our West Mifflin school.
The Nurse is responsible for providing medical care and nursing services to students with special needs. They are also responsible for providing consultation, training and support to employees and parents as required.
- Licensed LPN or RN
- Prior experience in working with children (ages birth to 8) preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES-Nurse
1. Develop and implement health care and emergency care plans specific to individual student needs. Train staff as needed on procedures for implementation of both health care and emergency care plans.
2. Implement interdisciplinary aspects of students’ current Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) which includes, but is not limited to, the following: communication systems, behavioral interventions, feeding approaches, sensory diet, and mobility recommendations.
3. Track and maintain immunization records and report to appropriate county health departments and Department of Education.
- Work hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., 6-hour days. Working only 30 hours per week, with a typical school calendar of 9.5 months per year! The hourly rate ranges from $19.50 -$27.50. We do offer the option to earn extra income with summer employment as well.
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided.
- 401 K options offered.
- Paid School Holidays.
Thank you for your interest!
Easterseals is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, use of medical marijuana or protected Veteran status.