Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania is a non-profit organization providing programs and services to adults and children with special needs. We are looking for a nurturing Speech-Language Pathologist to work with children ages 3-8 at our West Mifflin School and one at our Murrysville/Export School.
The Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) is responsible for the identification, evaluation, and treatment of communication and therapeutic feeding (when applicable) needs of consumers of Easterseals programs and services.
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology required.
- PA License in Speech-Language Pathology required (or in process of completing the Year of Supervised Professional Experience--YSPE).
- PA Professional Teacher Certification in Speech and Language Impaired (or equivalent) required.
- Completion of education credits needed to maintain license/certifications required.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association preferred. Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY) considered.
- Acceptable Criminal. Child Abuse and FBI clearances required
- Passing of physical examination and TB required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Evaluate students to determine competencies in language, articulation, phonology, voice, fluency, pragmatics, oral-motor skills, and augmentative communication.
- Conduct annual hearing screenings using pure-tone or environmental screening audiometry and acoustical otoscope. Make referrals as appropriate and complete follow-up as necessary.
- Evaluate functional feeding skills, develop a written functional feeding protocol, make referrals as necessary, and train site staff in appropriate therapeutic feeding intervention strategies as needed on an ongoing basis. This is done in conjunction with the Occupational Therapist.
- Complete routine documentation accurately and within prescribed timeframes. This may include, but not be limited to: daily therapy notes, classroom data sheets, parent contact logs, Access forms, SLIs, ERs, RRs, IEPs, progress reports, screening summaries, contract letters, test protocols, follow-up forms, handout requests, charter billings, and annual statistics.
- Maintain appropriate communication and collaboration with caregivers and outside agencies regarding recommendations, referrals and student progress.
- Serve as a representative of ESWCPA programs and services to consumers, caregivers, and contracting agencies.
- Work hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., 6-hour days. Working only 30 hours per week, with a typical school calendar of 9.5 months per year! The hourly rate of pay is $28.68 for an annual salary of $35,276. We may offer the option of additional summer income as well.
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided valued at 6k including medical, dental and vision coverage.
- 401 K options offered.
- Paid School Holidays.
Thank you for your interest!
Easterseals is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, use of medical marijuana or protected Veteran status.