The Clinical Support System for Serious Mental Illness (CSS-SMI), known as SMI Adviser (www.smiadviser.org), is a 5-year initiative funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), a Division of the US Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), and is housed at the American Psychiatric Association. SMI Adviser offers training activities, on-demand consultation, and vetted resources to support delivery of evidence-based practices by frontline clinicians caring for those with serious mental illness (SMI), including major depression, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia. This is a high-profile initiative, with a national reach, that is a recognized leader in changing healthcare for some of our most vulnerable Americans.
SMI Adviser has a strong collaborative team culture and the Project Manager is a key leader on the team. The Project Manager must possess a unique balance of project management and strong interpersonal skills. The Project Manager will work closely with the Senior Project Manager to oversee the day-to-day functioning of the grant and manage the deliverables of SMI Adviser content partners and the project as a whole. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that grant deliverables and timelines are met in all required ways. This position focuses heavily on the implementation of the project deliverables, as well as other grant responsibilities such as annual reporting and grant applications.
The ideal candidate is an organized and solution-oriented individual with experience managing large projects. The ideal candidate would have excellent attention to detail and follow-through on responsibilities with various timelines. The ideal candidate would have experience using technology to deliver web-based services. The position reports to the Project Director of SMI Adviser.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the administrative and daily operations of the grant:
- Maintains detailed timelines and project plans for grant related projects
- Works closely with the marketing director to coordinate marketing efforts
- Acts as the liaison to the accreditor of nursing continuing professional development
- Works with the data visualization analyst to monitor data collection of user metrics, make recommendations for new reports, and communicate relevant programmatic changes
- Provides regular updates to the SMI Adviser website, including updates/revisions to language on the website, posting content, and liaison with the website development firm as needed
- Leads yearly grant applications and reports, as well as ad hoc requests from the funder
- Oversees and/or coordinates the logistics and training materials for off-site trainings
- Provides excellent customer service to project end-users, which may include troubleshooting technical issues, providing relevant content from SMI Adviser and partners, and implementing enhancements to the SMI Adviser platform responsive to customer needs.
- Manages SMI Adviser partners and their grant-related projects:
- In consultation with Project Director, provide guidance to partners to ensure their deliverables support the mission of SMI Adviser and are responsive to emerging needs of frontline clinicians
- Sets up, develops agendas for, and manages regular meetings and conference calls with SMI Adviser partners
- Tracks and processes monthly invoices
- In collaboration with the Project Director, creates and executes yearly contracts for each partner
- Facilitates the review and completion of all deliverables; works with Project Director and project team to integrate deliverables into the SMI Adviser website and disseminate among appropriate clinician audiences
- Communicates effectively with clarity, credibility, and timeliness
- Collaborates with other departments within the Division of Education (Online Learning, Accreditation and Compliance, Office of Scientific Programs) and within the APA (Marketing and Communications, Office of the General Council, Publishing, Meetings and Conventions) on key projects
- Communicates and works seamlessly with the other Program Manager on the grant
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.