Position: Catalog Librarian
Department: Lane College Library
Reports To: Head Librarian
Lane College Library seeks a creative, collaborative, and energetic catalog librarian to complement its Technical Services. He/she is responsible for managing the Technical Services and maintaining high standards of cataloging with current and evolving best practices in cataloging.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Catalog and process all purchases and selected gift books using LibraryWorld.com, including applying labels and any security features.
- Catalog print books, re-classify existing library materials as necessary, non-print formats, and archival materials.
- Collects statistics related to cataloging.
- Research name forms and do authority work; contribute authority records to NACO.
- Participate in formation of policy and procedures for Technical Services. Keep up to date with new and emerging descriptive practices and tools.
- Assist in training and revise the work of catalog as required.
- Provide scheduled reference service and circulation desk work.
- Assists patrons with reference questions in all subjects using print and online resources.
- Provides library instruction as needed.
- Attend professional development meetings and training sessions.
- Assist in the selection of books, scholarly magazines and journals.
- Promotes new books to the campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work at nights and weekends is required, office setting.