Gotham Greens is seeking passionate, driven and hardworking individuals to fill positions as Production Assistants. Production Assistant positions are hands-on and require individuals who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and are accustomed to manual labor-intensive jobs.
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry is a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Packing Containers of Fresh Produce
- Sorting and selecting high quality product to pack
- Identifying unacceptable quality product to discard
- Filling containers to an accurate weight using scales
- Properly handling product and containers to maximize shelf life and appearance to the company’s visual expectations
- Performing repetitive tasks at a consistent pace which meets productivity expectations
- Production Support
- Assisting Greenhouse Production operations, including transplanting seedlings, harvesting plants, and handling growing equipment
- Handling, organizing, and loading production supplies and equipment
- Assisting with inventory control and cold storage organization
- Labelling, boxing, and staging product materials and supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- Food Safety and Sanitation
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Good Agricultural Practices (GAP’s), company food safety policies, and sanitation standard operating procedures (SSOP’s).
- Assist with daily cleaning of production areas, equipment, and supplies
- Assist with periodic cleaning of common areas in facility
- Be authorized to work in the US
- Lift 50 pounds
- Stand for a full 8-hour shift
- Maintain a steady pace with attention to detail
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Open availability to work various work schedules including holidays and weekends
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures that are anywhere from 55 degrees (within the Packhouse) to 90 degrees (within the Greenhouse).
The ideal candidate:
- Is reliable, highly motivated and committed to high quality performance
- Has a passionate commitment to the company vision
- Has an appreciation for principles of sustainable agriculture and food
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dips all year round to retail, restaurant and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.