Responsible to formulate and implement sales growth strategies for Foodservice accounts including regional chains, LLOs, brokers, Retail accounts (may include retail brokers), Co-Man and Industrial accounts in a specified region. Directors are accountable to meet and exceed the agreed sales and profit objectives. The position will develop short and long-range plans.
Role and Responsibilities
Primarily a field-based role managing existing accounts and pursuing new opportunities with all types of customers, brokers and distributors. Time on the road is expected to be up to 70% and occasional weekends for shows or conferences. This is an individual contributors role in the Company.
Western, Director of Sales
CA, AZ, NV, OR, WA, ID, MT, HI, AK
- Directly manage and grow customer accounts in the assigned geography:
- Establish goals, and effectively manage customer relationships.
- Achieve sales and profit objectives through individual sales efforts for customers in territory.
- Deliver strong year-over-year volume and profitability growth.
- Identify opportunities that meet pre-set hurdle rates, close the sale and manage the new development process for custom products, where applicable.
- Maintain a robust and focused pipeline and report on progress weekly.
- Submit accurate sales forecasts by customer and communicate revisions as needed.
- Forecast and Manage trade spend budget.
- Manage travel and entertainment budget.
- Serve as a trusted soup, sauce and sous vide category specialist with strong category and product knowledge.
- Maintain effective written and oral communication with internal and external partners.
- Negotiate and manage customer marketing programs and promotions to effectively drive volume and profitability.
- Gather customer complaint information, initiate corrective actions and coordinate communication.
- Proficiently utilize company sales systems and data and adhere to all company requirements, necessary reports and information.
- Identify customer (both distributor and chain accounts) white space opportunities and new business opportunities and close those opportunities to meet Plan.
- Create effective sales presentations.
- Utilize mandated CRM system as an active sales management tool.
- Create a detailed market growth strategy outlining areas of focus and tactics to be used to ensure success
- Strategically identify and secure business in specified region.
- Maintain a robust and focused pipeline of target accounts and report on progress weekly.
- Effectively manage broker partners: work in local markets on a regular rotation, set sales goals and conduct training and quarterly reviews.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism while conducting business on behalf of the Company.
- Take an active role in developing the selling story with marketing, promotions, culinary innovation ideation and sales presentations that will drive specific growth objectives.
- Actively seek and summarize market insights that will help guide customer decision-making.
- Collaborate with other sales team colleagues and R&D team to ensure successful development of new products, operator services and sales support tools.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of ten years of experience in direct sales, and/or culinary sales.
- Demonstrated excellence in driving consistently strong profitable sales growth.
- Experienced working with Food Service LLOs, Chain Accounts and Distributors.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and ideally knowledge of CRM systems, EPM data.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward with limited oversight.
- Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team.
- Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Obsessive attention to detail, well organized and able to juggle many different projects at once.
- Comfortable moving at a fast pace and in ambiguous environments.
- Passionate about food and helping foodservice operators succeed in their businesses.
- Willing to address difficult situations head on with patience and respect.
Kettle Cuisine takes pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
- Honor Food We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
- Honor Each Other We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
- Honor Development We recognize and nurture each others talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
- Honor Innovation We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence