Concession Stand Attendant
Using fantastic customer service skills, the Concession Stand Attendant takes and serves food and beverage orders, takes payment and gives accurate change to customers at concession stands during sport events, concerts, conventions, arts and entertainment. This role is a part-time, event-driven position.
Required and Competencies
- There are no minimum education requirements for this position
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Pleasant and positive demeanor
- Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Maintain a high level of customer service
Preferred Education and Experience
• Food Service experience
Essential Functions (Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.)
- Serve customers from a clean and well-stocked concession stand
- Be familiar with and able to discuss with customers entire menu and prices
- Itemize totals for service on cash register and accepts payment and makes accurate change
- Prepare popcorn, hot dogs, nachos, beverages and other concession stand items
- Stock and replenish condiments
- Work as a team to complete duties
- Maintain the cleanliness of the concession stand and follow safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Perform opening and closing duties assigned by a supervisor
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Observe and follow all safety and security procedures
- Additional duties as assigned
Shifts vary per week and are scheduled according to events. They are mostly afternoons, evenings and/or weekend shifts, may include some holidays. Availability for UMD Men’s Hockey games is essential.
The required dress may fluctuate based on the events within the DECC.
Formal Events - Business professional attire will be the norm, but there can be fluctuation based on event themes and tone.
Casual/Sport/Concert Events - The DECC will shirts with the DECC logo. Employee must provide jeans and comfortable footwear.
The majority of work will be performed within doors. Many of the areas will fluctuate from moderate to loud noise levels. Temperature can fluctuate from hot to cold.
This position will require someone that is able to stand on their feet for many hours at a time, moving quickly to different places based on needs. They will need to use their hands frequently, and be able to see, hear, and speak often. This position will require bending and maneuvering, and also the ability to move and lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Successful completion of reference checks
- Successful completion of a background check
- Successful completion of a drug test, if applicable
Work Authorization/Security Clearance Requirements
The DECC uses USCIS Form I-9 to verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment. On the form, an employee must attest to his or her employment authorization. The employee is required to present the DECC with acceptable documents evidencing identity and employment authorization at the time of hire. The DECC will examine the employment eligibility and identity document(s).
The list of acceptable documents can be provided by Human Resources.
This position is at will. This means if you are offered the position and accept, your employment with the DECC is for an indefinite period of time and it is subject to termination by you or the DECC, with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. Nothing in this job description or any other policy of the DECC shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way, the at will employment status of this position.
The at will employment status of an employee of the DECC may be modified only in a written employment agreement with that employee which is signed by the Executive Director or the Chair of the DECC Board of Directors.
By your signature below, you acknowledge your understanding that your employment with the DECC is at will, and that nothing in this description is intended to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied.
The DECC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualification and ability. The DECC does not discriminate in employment practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. The DECC will follow any state or local law that provides greater protection. This policy is neither exhaustive nor exclusive. The DECC is committed to taking all other actions necessary to ensure equal employment opportunity for persons with disabilities in accordance with the ADA and all other applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Type of Position
Type of Employment