As the largest and oldest mentoring agency in the region, Big Brothers Big Sisters Twin Cities (BBBS) has a strong foundation that makes it possible for us to get kids on the path to success. We work hard to build and sustain relationships with individuals in our community to mentor children and youth to become their true selves. We have been matching Twin Cities kids with mentors since 1920. We serve over 2,000 young people every year with a staff of 60.
Our mission is to create and support mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. BBBS accomplishes its mission by:
- Providing deep and intentional partnerships with our youth
- Building and sustaining deep relationships with our mentors
- Building a strong organizational foundation
- Creating a workplace culture that represents who we serve
- Transforming our community to understand the importance of our youth
BBBS’s vision is that all children achieve their full potential.
Primary Function of the Position
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Brand Management, the Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for day-to-day project management, graphic design, social media, brand management, and supporting efforts to help meet BBBS’ organizational goals.
The Marketing Communications Manager helps enhance and achieve meaningful communication, optimal volunteer recruitment and fundraising messaging, and strong brand awareness in the five-county Twin Cities metro area. The person in this position will be a key member of the Advancement Department that includes the Marketing, Development and Volunteer Recruitment teams, which will lead BBBS’ centennial celebration in 2020.
- Oversee Marketing Communications’ project management.
- Provide graphic design and other traditional and digital creative services to internal BBBS clients; Develop consistently branded collateral in both digital and print formats.
- Lead projects independently, as well as work collaboratively within a team structure; manage multiple projects simultaneously for a wide range of internal clients; Coordinate and track various projects, including requests, approvals, vendor communication and delivery.
- Manage BBBS’ print, video, audio and graphic libraries, and collateral inventory and distribution.
- Assist in developing written content, such as blog posts, articles, brochure copy, e-mails and news releases to tell the BBBS story through a variety of marketing communication channels targeted to internal and external audiences.
- Assist in media relations efforts, such as pitching articles to media.
- Provide support to Director of Marketing & Brand Management, and other staff and clients as needed.
- Manage future Marketing Communications interns.
- Relate to all staff, donors, volunteers, youth, families and vendors courteously and respectfully.