As the largest and oldest mentoring agency in the region, Big Brothers Big Sisters Twin Cities (BBBS) has a strong foundation that makes it possible for us to get kids on the path to success. We work hard to build and sustain relationships with individuals in our community to mentor children and youth to become their true selves. We have been matching Twin Cities kids with mentors since 1920. We serve over 2,000 young people every year with a staff of 60.
Our mission is to create and support mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. BBBS accomplishes its mission by:
- Providing deep and intentional partnerships with our youth
- Building and sustaining deep relationships with our mentors
- Building a strong organizational foundation
- Creating a workplace culture that represents who we serve
- Transforming our community to understand the importance of our youth
BBBS’s vision is that all children achieve their full potential.
Primary Function of the Position
The primary purpose of this position is to manage Big Brothers Big Sisters Twin Cities’ individual giving program, including annual fund initiatives and special events.
1. Assume responsibility for annual fund initiatives
- Create specific plans for donor-centered acquisition, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors throughout the year along with development staff
- Manage multiple individual giving appeals throughout the year including managing timelines, writing compelling appeals, and working with internal Marketing & Communications colleagues to ensure successful direct mail and digital fundraising results
- Participate in the organization’s efforts to increase individual giving through innovative ideas, effective implementation, and analysis of donor data through CRM (Raiser’s Edge)
- Create and implement strong donor acquisition and donor upgrade plans using latest research and donor trends
2. Plan and implement agency special events
- Design, manage, and facilitate an annual fundraising gala, including securing live and silent auction items, selling tickets, managing a gala committee, managing external vendor relationships, and acting as the lead for the gala night
- Manage and facilitate corporate and community signature fundraising events, including securing spaces, managing staff and supplies, and coaching peer-to-peer fundraisers
- Coordinate third party fundraising events and cultivate new events
3. Support the organization’s comprehensive fund development efforts
- Develop an understanding of BBBS’ programs, initiatives, and needs
- Provide consistently prompt, friendly customer service to all stakeholders
- Work in collaboration with program, leadership, and other development team members to develop annual and campaign fundraising strategies
Other Job Duties
Contribute to the overall success of the organization by working together to achieve the mission. Develop and maintain sensitivity to employee and constituent diversity, and demonstrate cultural competence in the workplace and in the services provided by the agency. Demonstrate respectful treatment of other employees, program participants, and all stakeholders. Build community support for the organization by helping to recruit volunteers and donors.