Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountability
Responsible to ensure that Soldier Hollow ski trails, tubing hill, and grounds are all built, groomed and maintained at the highest standards for, competitions, public activities and overall public safety. Responsible to train, schedule and supervise all grooming staff. Integrate and support snowmaking operations. Support overall venue operations and events throughout the year.
- Administer Grooming Staff
- Maintain Grooming Equipment
- Scheduled maintenance
- Repairs as needed
- End of season preparation for storage
- Integrate Grooming Plan with Snowmaking Plan
- Ensure the Highest Standards of Grooming
- Elite Cross Country and Biathlon Competitions
- Youth sport training and competitions
- Coordinate with all SoHo Venue departments grooming requirements and conditions with regard to changing schedules, and weather conditions.
- Provide timely information for daily Trails Report.
- Work with Operations Staff to ensure proper maintenance of SoHo equipment
- Grooming Equipment
- Snow Mobiles
- SOHO Fleet
- Shop Equipment
- Work with Operations Staff ensuring proper maintenance of SoHo trails and grounds
- Snowmaking Infrastructure
- Parking Areas
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Extensive Knowledge of Snow Grooming Operations
- Nordic Ski Trails
- Public Tubing Hills
- Extensive Operational Knowledge of Grooming Equipment
- Very Skilled in Preparing Competition Level Ski Trails
- Qualified to Perform General Maintenance and Repairs on the Snow Grooming Fleet
- Five years as a groomer at a Nordic Facility.
- Support SoHo Public Events and Activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather extremes.
- Work long hours when weather conditions require.
- Sit for long periods of time operating grooming equipment
- Agile enough to operate and maintain grooming equipment
Required In-House Training
- UAF Orientation
- Sexual Harassment
- Drug & Alcohol
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.