Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountability
- Assist with all aspects associated with snowmaking and grooming.
- Assists with daily maintenance/grooming of ski and tubing hill areas to the exceptions of Soldier Hollow management and user groups.
- Assist in the preparation and proper operation of ski and tubing hill facilities and equipment both in winter ski season, and during the transition between seasons.
- Utilize proper snowmaking logistics.
- Set-up and tear down all types of snow guns.
- Assist Mountain operations.
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Willing to work extended hours during major events.
- Knowledge of radio protocol.
- Able to work in extreme cold winter conditions.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- A valid drivers license.
- Ability to work with all user groups and employees in a friendly and accommodating manner.
- A valid Drivers License
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing to converse with others in a normal conversation
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting
Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather extremes
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.