ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Life Enrichment Coordinator-
- Plans, develops and implements lifestyle opportunities that fulfill the mission and vision of WellLife at Blakeford:
Enriching lives every day through engaging and wellness-centered lifestyle opportunities.
Life Enrichment’s primary focus is on the following elements:
- Connect (Social and Volunteer Opportunities)
- Enlighten (Intellectual)
Life Enrichment offers their support in the creation and implementation of the following elements:
- Inspire (Spiritual and Emotional)- Spiritual Care Department
- Thrive (Physical)- Wellness Department
Opportunities should include small and large group programs, outings, small and large group opportunities to meet the varying needs of the residents, social gatherings and parties, participation in the planning and implementation of the big community-wide events, dementia-specific programming, and management and implementation of Music and Memory.
- Participates in administrative duties, which include publishing of the monthly calendar, daily event and special event communication through Blakeford’s various communication mechanisms, inputting of resident charges into myblakeford.com, maintaining sign-up sheets, oversees the resident photo board, and other miscellaneous administrative duties necessary to properly run the daily operations of Life Enrichment.
- Provides quarterly documentation on all residents.
- Completes activities portion of RAI for all residents in a timely fashion.
- Attends meetings as required including resident care plan meetings.
- Reaches out to the greater community to engage volunteers to implement new programs, lead programs, develops relationships with residents to meet their varying needs. Provides supervision and basic training of volunteers and internship students, when applicable.
- Manages the procurement, care and maintenance of supplies and equipment and works within budget guidelines.
- Coordinates and co-leads quarterly Family Council meetings, as scheduled.
- Responsible for the daily feeding and watering of birds in the aviary as well as general cleaning of the cage.
- Interacts with co-workers, physicians, residents and all other customers in a manner which encourages harmonious working relationships, enhances the image and reputation of the facility and promotes positive customer relations.
- Supports the facility’s mission statement by dependability in attendance, punctuality, maintaining confidentiality, the timely completion of assignments, and attention to principles of professional ethics and quality service.
- Has a commitment to professional and personal growth through development of skills and knowledge, as well as improvement in the facility’s performance.
- Ensures the rights, dignity and confidentiality of all residents is maintained.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
SUPERVISION & LEADERSHIP:
Provides supervision to volunteers and students through the planning and scheduling of work; the review and approval of tasks, and performance appraisal.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
Experience in leading activities in the long-term care and memory care setting preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist orState Certified Activities Director If candidate does not currently have this certification upon hire they will be sent to the next scheduled seminar to obtain it. or2+ years prior experience as activities coordinator or director in a long term care and/or memory care setting.Must be 24+ years of age and have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record (Blakeford’s insurance company will evaluate records)
SKILLS REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY ACCOMPLISH THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
Must have a passion to work with senior adults, creative, energetic, vision and goal oriented, organized, a team player, self-motivated, and has an understanding and commitment to the mission and vision of WellLife at Blakeford.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
COMPUTER OPERATIONS: Basic computer skills