The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The New York City Department of Health (DOHMH) has received funding via the Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity (ELC) grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to conduct serologic surveys to determine what percentage of NYC residents were infected with the virus that causes COVID-19. This funding is through May 2022
The COVID-19 Surveys Project Manager will support implementation and all aspects of project coordination for population-based COVID-19 serosurveys in NYC. This position reports to the Assistant Commissioner, Bureau of Epidemiology Services, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. We are currently conducting a population-based survey to describe the burden of COVID-19 in NYC and are planning to conduct three representative serosurveys over the next 18 months, each one recruiting ~1000 participants. The COVID-19 Surveys Project Manager will have responsibility to plan, organize, and manage project-related activities, including working with the survey vendors and laboratory.
The COVID-19 Surveys Project Manager will work with a Health Department team to:
- Create and manage detailed project schedules and work plans
- Provide monitoring, oversight and management of contracted vendor
- Schedule meetings, develop agendas, document project conversations and follow-up on next steps to ensure completion
- Oversee and help develop materials such as project and IRB protocols, data collection instruments, consent forms, FAQs, and return of results documents, and manage review and translation processes for these materials
- Create project budgets and track and manage costs
- Coordinate with other parts of the Health Department, including the public health laboratory, and external stakeholders
- Respond to participant inquires by email, text and phone
- Prepare return of results letters to be sent to survey participants
- Maintain confidentiality of study data
- Prepare written materials to summarize findings for multiple audiences
- Supervise COVID-19 Surveys Data Analyst