Join Cliff Drysdale Tennis camps for the 2021 summer! CDT operates fun filled summer camps at many of our clubs across the nation and has openings for tennis coaches and camp counselors. This application is used for all of clubs and you can state your preferred location during the application.
Compensation and housing offers vary by location. We are accepting US and foreign applicants. Foreign applicants should be in college in the US and eligible to apply for the CPT through their school, or if based outside the USA be able to fulfill the requirements of a J1 summer visa (may still be limited due to COVID-19). All applicants should have some experience teaching tennis and be of 4.0+ or college playing level.
Tennis Pro and Camp Counselor positions available. Roles may vary based on location.
- Provide proficient tennis instruction to players of all skill levels in group and individual settings.
- Assist with the planning and organization of clinic, camp, and special event functions.
- Provide technical expertise concerning tennis equipment, supplies and other pro shop items to members/guests.
- Attend weekly pro meetings and schedule individual meetings with their supervisor.
- Assist Director or Head Tennis Professional in setting up courts and teaching drills in an energetic and fast pace manner.
- Maintain positive relations and rapport with members/guests.
- Perform general maintenance/custodial functions as requested.
- Follow all facility rules and procedures.
Summer Camp Counselor
- Teach and assist Summer Camp Director in all morning and afternoon camp activities that my include tennis, pool, other sporting activities.
- Attend daily summer camp staff meetings.
- Check summer camp staff billboard daily.
- Provide a weekly report to camp directors on all camp issues.
High School diploma or GED
Frequently stands, walks, uses hands, talks, hears, reaches with hands and arms, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls. Occasionally sits. Regularly lifts up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions. Noise level is moderate.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
- Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the staff may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment used are in English)
- Skill level equivalent to a minimum 4.0 USTA rating
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly, outgoing, and positive attitude
- Ability to build positive relationship with members and team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge of the game of tennis
- Effective teaching styles and techniques
Availability during club operating hours