**To be considered for the position you must complete our job application directly through our website: https://wnpa.org/join-our-team/.
Employment with WNPA requires that you submit proof of full vaccination for the COVID-19 virus unless you have requested and been approved for a medical or sincerely held religious exemption.
(Please note this position will work remotely but will require the new staff member to be based in Tucson, AZ)
Western National Parks Association (WNPA) helps make the national park experience possible for everyone. As a nonprofit education partner of the National Park Service, WNPA supports parks across the West, developing products, services, and programs that enhance the visitor experience, understanding, and appreciation of national parks. Since 1938 WNPA has worked to connect new generations to parks in meaningful ways, all with one simple goal: create advocates who want to preserve and protect these special places for everyone, for all time.
The Marketing Coordinator works under the direction of the Sr. Marketing Manager and is responsible for coordination of and assisting in the implementation of strategic plans and including a wide range of marketing functions, such as communications, advertising, branding, digital marketing, and social media. To be successful they must be able to effectively multi-task managing many diverse projects with excellent communication, research, time management skills, and keen attention to detail.
This role is responsible for completing the following tasks and any related tasks as assigned:
- Distribute and coordinate projects with freelancers and vendors including editors, designers, photographers, videographers, and printers.
- Create, organize, and update agreements and contracts with freelancers and vendors.
- Assist in updating the organization’s website according to the editorial guide.
- Support the marketing department and design team as needed.
- Create reports for marketing campaigns and online activities setting up proper tracking and collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Simplify complex data into a user-friendly format such as graphs, charts and other visual aids for internal clients and management.
- Set up, coordinate and traffic all projects and deadlines in project management software (e.g. Asana)
- Support daily activities of the Sr. Marketing Manager including budget management, invoice processing, calendar management, and correspondence.
- Communicate timelines, deliverables and progress updates to the marketing team and stakeholders as directed by the Sr. Marketing Manager.
- Participate in creative brainstorming meetings and provide meeting minutes.
- Add retail sales events for The National Parks Store, and events to community, visitor, and chamber website calendars.
- Distribute press releases.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
This role must possess advanced to expert knowledge of, skill in, and/or ability in the following:
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving and research proficiencies.
- Ability to research, comprehend and interpret competitor strategies, consumer behavior, and marketing benchmarks.
- Experience with WordPress CMS.
- Strong analytical skills; gather large amounts of data to complete a simple, user-friendly and meaningful analysis (e.g. using Google Analytics and data from a variety of sources).
- Solid organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Creative mind with excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of traditional, digital, content, and social media marketing.
- Proficient in full Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Asana or similar project management software experience a plus.
- MailChimp experience and knowledge of iMovie or similar software helpful.
- Must be willing to help where needed and excited to learn new skills.
This role must be able to meet the following physical demands with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by office environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with customers, volunteers, supervisors/managers, directors, and coworkers.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type, and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, calculators, multi-line touch-tone phones, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dollies, and other office equipment as needed.
Occasional travel may be required to work at local, off-site events or visit parks.