The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The New York City Department of Health (DOHMH) has received funding via the Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity (ELC) grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to conduct serologic surveys to determine what percentage of NYC residents were infected with the virus that causes COVID-19. This position to work on the COVID-19 Surveys Project is funded through May 2022. This position will initially work remotely, with the potential to move on-site to the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Gotham Center, 42-09 28th Street, Queens, NY 11101 at a later date.
The COVID-19 Surveys Data Analyst will be responsible for conducting data analysis and producing reports for COVID-19 serosurveys in NYC. This position reports to COVID-19 Surveys Project Manager in the Bureau of Epidemiology Services, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. We are currently planning to conduct three representative serosurveys over the next 18 months, each one recruiting ~1000 participants.
The COVID-19 Surveys Data Analyst will work with a Health Department team to:
- Perform management, cleaning, and analysis of population and serosurvey data using statistical software, incorporating weighting for complex survey design
- Work with other data analysts to check each other’s work
- Maintain confidentiality of study data
- Oversee the development of routine data reports customized for internal and external stakeholders.
- Create documentation and analysis plans to describe the analyses
- Develop data products, including routine reports for internal and external stakeholders.