- At least Five (5) years of managing Superintendent/Maintenance staff, transitional housing experience preferred.
- At least Three (3) years of project management experience with knowledge of NYC building codes, regulations, and violations.
EDUCATION: HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of overseeing projects in Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry (Sheetrocking, Ceiling Tiles, Molding), Painting, Tiling (Floor/Wall), ability to read and interpret blueprints a plus.
- Must understand the technical aspects of buildings.
- Excellent organizational skills. Good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Physically lift 50 lbs.
- Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
- Communicate using the following tools: telephone, fax machine, written logs, email, computer, cell phone.
- Monitoring jobsite general health and safety.
- Customer Service – Manage difficult or emotional client situations; responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly, listens, and gets clarification.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly, able to read and interpret written information
- Bilingual – Spanish
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in work site changes to address staff shortages/needs at other BPHN locations.
SUPERVISION: Usually instructs or assists other employees. Usually delegates work assignments to others as directed by supervisor.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: OSHA Certification
AGENCY EXPECTATIONS OF ALL EMPLOYEES
Adheres to Bronx Parents Policies and Procedures. Acts as a role model within and outside the agency. Performs duties as workload necessitates. Attendance and Dependability: the employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments. Communication and Contact: the employee communicates both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside BPHN. Relationships with others: the employee works and communicates effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside BPHN. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships. Employee adheres to mission statement and guiding principles.
Thank you for your interest in working with us!
EEO STATEMENT: BPHN provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement to all employees and applicants for employment. BPHN does not discriminate against any individual based on race, creed, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, age, national origin, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or self-image, gender appearance, behavior or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, family medical history or request for or receipt of genetic services, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest or conviction history, or any other characteristic or status protected by law in employment decisions including recruitment, hiring, compensation, fringe benefits, staff development and training, promotion or transfer, lay-off or termination, or any other condition of employment. BPHN is committed to fostering diversity at all levels.
Proof of Vaccination is a Job Requirement at BPHN