3CDC is a private, non-profit, full-service, real estate development and finance organization focused on revitalizing Cincinnati’s urban core in partnership with the City of Cincinnati and the Cincinnati corporate community. 3CDC’s work is specifically focused on the Central Business District and in the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood. 3CDC invests in and develops residential, office and retail properties, parking facilities and civic spaces. 3CDC also manages multiple real estate assets and provides event production services and management for major civic spaces including Fountain Square and Washington Park. With an annual operating budget of $8.5 million, 3CDC has a staff of close to 80 full time and 120 part-time employees engaged in real estate development, property management, event production, civic space operations, marketing, public relations, fundraising, finance and accounting. To date, 3CDC has invested in real estate projects totaling over one billion dollars. In addition, 3CDC manages over 22 assets with annual operating revenues totaling more than $20 million.
3CDC also manages The Cincinnati Equity Fund and the Cincinnati New Markets Fund (the Funds). These investment funds, totaling about $155 million, provide necessary financial capital to 3CDC’s development projects.
The Commercial Buildout Officer is responsible for coordinating the buildout of commercial spaces for specific tenants. This position develops, implements, and coordinates all components necessary to construct the tenant’s space on time, within budget, and to the quality specified. The Commercial Buildout Officer serves as the liaison between project team members – contractors, architects, designers, consultants – promoting the interest of 3CDC and the tenant on the buildout. The ideal candidate will have experience in fields related to construction, architecture, design or planning with exceptional organizational and time management skills; enjoy working in a highly interactive environment; and be a part of a high functioning, diverse team with opportunity to learn. This candidate will have demonstrated ability to organize necessary resources, including people and tools to meet deadlines and achieve desired results. This role also provides ad hoc support on commercial leasing activities, which may include tours, and the execution of strategies related to tenant relations in collaboration with the property management team. The Commercial Buildout Officer reports to the Senior Commercial Leasing Officer.
The Commercial Buildout Officer responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates all phases of the construction lifecycle from initiation to completion and transition to property management.
- Collaborates with architects, interior designers, engineers, and other specialists on the design of the commercial space based on the type of tenant & that tenant’s specific needs. Provides ongoing direction to and coordination of these parties to ensure the buildout progresses on schedule and within the defined budget.
- Manages a general contractor/construction manager and oversees their work, checking for accuracy per agreed upon plans and quality.
- Ensures the project team obtains all necessary permits and orders necessary materials and equipment.
- Conducts project meetings with key stakeholders in an effective and efficient manner.
- In collaboration with supervisor, reviews buildout project plans and proposals to identify and develop contract requirements, a project budget, timeline, and quality control plan.
- Provides ongoing management of the project budget, flagging risk and identifying areas for cost savings.
- Coordinates the drafting & execution of construction contracts and the review, negotiation & approval of change orders
- Communicates with tenants, internal management team and documents/delivers weekly project progress reports including budget updates.
- Maintains accurate project documentation, including architectural drawings, construction contracts, change orders, and inspection reports.
- Collaborates with Accounting to initiate pay application process, complete draws and follow up to ensure payments are received by vendors in a timely manner.
- Provides support, as assigned, on the execution of overall commercial leasing strategy and execution of the tenant engagement program, which may include but is not limited to conducting tours of commercial space and tenant check-in meetings.
- Special projects as assigned by supervisor or other management.
- Understands and complies with 3CDC standards and represents the company in a professional manner at all time
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor and other management as required.