Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions. The company’s groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
- Research and resolve POS integration inquiries from our Resellers/VARs.
- Learn deep knowledge of our company’s products, services and features we offer to field a wide variety of support calls.
- Listening attentively to customer needs and concerns; while maximizing opportunity to build rapport with the customer and our VARs.
- Diagnose customer issues through process of elimination by asking probing questions.
- Provide assistance with various conversion efforts & projects that include but are not limited to creating training material, knowledge base article creation, inbound/ outbound calls; all directly related to VARs as well as Front/Back end processing networks.
- Provide resolution by identifying problems & improving performance; researching answers & guiding customers through corrective steps.
- Receive & resolve inbound calls, emails, chats, tasks, & tickets.
- Work directly with Vendors and Resellers to resolve any processing issues on both the front/back end integrations.
- This position requires employees to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, customers, and the public; work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues; and complete projects under tight deadlines even when there are competing requirements and changes in assignments.
- As a Support Technician, you will occasionally be called upon to perform other duties not included in this job description.
- Demonstrate exemplary performance & attendance.
- Must be flexible in work hours for 24/7 Call Center needs.
- 2+ years Technical Support/ troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of customer service core principles and practices
- Experience working with credit card terminals, POS equipment, 3rd party Stage Only VARs.
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with proficient attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once in a fast-paced call center environment.
- Knowledge retention, organization, flexibility, & calm under pressure.
- Interact and coordinate with other departments to resolve customer issues.
- Familiarity with Office Suite, Google Sheets, Knowledge Base, & Excel.
- Creative and forward thinking.
- Proficient in relevant computer applications.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus, but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health care, 401K, dental and vision along with vacation and personal time after successful completion of a probationary period.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics