XL Parts is the fastest growing Direct-to-the-Installer parts supplier in the Houston, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, Baton Rouge, LA and Oklahoma City, OK areas. We carry 120,000 different part numbers covering 175 product lines from dozens of Manufactures.
XL Parts is seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our team in the Houston Texas market.
This position is responsible for, sourcing prescreening and placement of prospective candidates for various position levels within tight deadlines. The ideal person will be results-orientated, have excellent communication skills and be able to demonstrate multi-tasking abilities which are essential for this position.
(The following Responsibilities and Duties are meant to give a brief idea of work expectations and is not to be considered a complete list or work detail)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with human resources team and other business partners to ensure hiring and quality of hire targets are met.
- Open job postings on company website and ATS system. Source though ATS (Paycom) system, Indeed, Career Builder and other job boards for viable candidates. Track all conversations in the ATS system.
- Review job fit requirements with hiring manager(s), get a solid understanding of specific requirements and expectations of each job.
- Develop solutions that will support the hiring needs of high volume/in season staffing.
- Prequalify candidates for next level interview by conducting telephone screening interviews of applicants to gather information regarding experience, job skills, previous training, and salary requirements. .
- Work directly with Hiring Managers to schedule 2nd interviews at XL Parts locations or corporate office.
- Ensure all interviews, testing and hiring processes adhere to company policies and procedures as well as EEOC, ADA and other state or government compliance requirements.
- Identify, organize and participate in Job Fairs and recruiting events.
- Understand the hiring challenges in the external labor market and identify market specific sourcing strategies.
- Keep track monthly of operations “Bench Report” as reported by the Operations Team
- Run Background checks for viable candidates and report status to hiring managers
- Administer assessment test when applicable
- Answer applicant phone calls regarding employment status or job-related questions
- Work with temporary agencies and XL Parts Hiring managers; keep track of hours and contract help performance.
- Must be able to identify key words, body language and past employment history to determine candidates’ longevity of employment, behavior and cultural fit to XL Parts.
- Employee retention beyond 90 days is critical to the success of this position and will be one of the measurements of the effective hiring practices.
- Some travel will be required up to 50% depending on the needs of the various markets.
Physical Demands: Typical 8-hour day to include frequent computer usage. Occasional heavy lifting of 50lbs or more may be required.
Compensation: The Recruiters compensation consists of salary, paid biweekly, 45 hours a week.
Benefits: We offer a competitive pay rate and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage, disability benefits, life insurance, 401k, confidential Employee Assistance program; sick time, holidays and vacation time.