The Life Engagement Specialist is responsible for creating an atmosphere for residents, family, staff, and visitors that is welcoming, stimulating, nurturing, and engaging through activity, entertainment, and person-centered programs in accordance with the overall Autumn Leaves philosophy of care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Implements programs in accordance with the Autumn Leaves Six Elements of Engagement.
- Participates in creating the monthly community newsletter.
- Assists in coordinating seasonal and annual community events.
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation and activities related to their individual interests.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a harmonious work environment.
- Supports the Life Engagement Manager and all life engagement programming.
- Participates in Activity Assessment for new residents.
- Assists organization of community volunteer program.
- Occasionally participates in resident care conferences when needed.
MANAGERIAL AND BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
There are no managerial or budgetary responsibilities for this position.