Reporting:This position reports to the Marketing and Business Development Manager and the Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer.
The Business Development Specialist works closely with the firm's Chief Marketing Officer and members of the marketing/business development team to provide strategic business development and marketing support across the firm’s practices and industries, including with respect to the creation of company and industry profiles, pitches and RFPs, directory submissions, client-facing event management, and conference and tradeshow support. This position will be based out of Bridgewater, NJ, with occasional travel required to the New York City, NY, and Allentown, PA, offices.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Research and draft pitches, proposals, and RFP responses to facilitate the generation of business development leads
- Assist with the development and execution of business development plans for practice groups and individual practitioners
- Work directly with attorneys as a business development coach
- Research, analyze, and identify opportunities in key industry sectors and with target clients
- Analyze competitors and their service offerings and identify opportunities to raise the profile of the practices and practitioners
- Analyze markets and conduct research into industries, sectors, clients, and competition in order to inform strategic planning and identify business opportunities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that efforts are efficient and synchronized across business development support services
- Manage and execute client-facing events (mixers, happy hours, seminars)
- Manage and coordinate conference and tradeshow support for assigned practice/industry groups