Judson University seeks a dynamic head coach to lead, organize, direct, & further develop a successful womens softball program within NAIA, NCCAA, and CCAC guidelines as well as University policies. Requirements of the successful candidate will include but will not necessarily be limited to:
- Recruit academically and athletically talented student-athletes who fit in the Christian culture & mission of Judson University.
- Mentor student-athletes spiritually, academically, and athletically.
- Effectively train student athletes in pertinent event areas.
- Manage and monitor student-athlete academic success.
- Conduct administrative duties such as budgeting, practice and competitive schedules, coordinating travel logistics, and otherwise managing the business aspects of the program.
- Attend all appropriate NAIA, NCCAA, and CCAC coaches meetings.
- Uphold University-wide responsibilities, including, but not limited to serving on committees, participating in chapel events, supporting student recruitment and retention, speaking at athletic and community events, etc.
- Other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the Director of Athletics or Executive Vice President.
- Bachelors degree required. Masters degree preferred.
- A record of success as a college head or assistant coach, head high school coach, or club coach.
- Demonstrated personal Christian faith & commitment to the Christian mission of the University.
- Requires the ability to handle extensive hours during concentrated periods.
- Limited domestic & international travel required to recruit players as needed.
- Valid drivers license.
- Ability to work long hours, nights, and weekends as required for coaching and recruiting.
- Background, reference, drug and criminal checks required.
Applicants must apply through the Judson University website and submit one pdf document that includes a letter interest, resume, recruiting plan (two pages maximum), and names/contact information for at least three professional references.