RECEIVING APPLICATIONS TO REVIEW AS OPENINGS BECOME AVAILABLE
Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa (CCCM) is a Christ-centered ministry, led by the Holy Spirit. The ministry began with the church located in Costa Mesa, CA and has flourished and expanded into a multifaceted ministry which includes Christian Schools, Christian Conference Centers, a Bible College, a School of Worship, Christian Radio Stations, Christian radio programs, Christian book distribution, and Christian bookstores.
Calvary Chapel Schools was established to meet the educational, social, and spiritual needs of the children of Calvary Chapel of Costa Mesa, pastored by Pastor Brian Brodersen. CCS is a ministry of CCCM, building up Christian leaders in mind, body, and soul through Biblical truth, character development, and strong academic pursuits, enabling students to serve and enjoy Christ and their community.
Position Purpose / Summary
Coaches are responsible to motivate, instruct, and coach student athletes. Their primary responsibility is improving the performance of these athletes and encourage them to develop and fulfill their spiritual potential.
The ideal candidate will be a minister of the Gospel in this position and will have a strong relationship with Jesus Christ.They will be an example to the staff, students, and parents.
The common goals of the athletic program at all levels of play are for the student-athlete to:
- Have Fun
- Develop leadership qualities
- Participate in multiple sports throughout their junior high and high school years
- Build on positive, life-time memories from athletic experiences
- Learn the value of sportsmanship, self-discipline, and team responsibility
- Develop their physical, emotional, social and mental skills
- Develop respect for authority, teammates, opponents, and themselves
- Develop pride in themselves, their team, school, and community
- Learn to work as a team member towards the attainment of common goals
- Learn the rules of different sports
- Develop skills necessary to play a variety of sports
Responsibilities / Duties / Functions / Tasks
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Agree with and live out the vision and values of CCCM as outlined in the Statement of Faith (www.cccm.com).
- Be an example to those with whom you come in contact and with whom you serve by exuding the love of Christ.
- Understand that it is a privilege to serve the Lord in vocational ministry and that those who serve God on staff at CCCM are expected to embrace a high biblical, Christ-like standard of conduct and lifestyle, both public and personal
- Supervise practice and games – student athletes will not be left unattended
- Train and educate all athletes
- Communicate expectations and goals clearly and appropriately to students and parents
- Ensure that health and safety precautions are observed during all activities
- Immediately report any major injuries during practice or competition to AD and Principal
- Fill out accident report for all injuries
- Support the value of an education
- Serve as a Christian role model by practicing good character, ethics, sportsmanship, respect, and self-discipline. Our school’s reputation is being shaped by the way we conduct ourselves
- Ensure proper purchasing (with AD and Principal advanced approved only), inventory, and care of equipment
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone call and answer emails.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing
- Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials
- Occasional stooping, bending, and reaching
- Must work indoors and outdoors year-round
- Environment may vary from extremely cold to extremely hot depending on the activity and the season of the year
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments
- Travel is required as necessary for training and/or to carry out duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.