- A minimum of 1-year experience working in publishing, or relevant work experience with a demonstrated ability to perform similar duties of this role is required.
- A genuine interest in and intellectual engagement with the publication of scholarly books.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple projects.
- Effectively engage and liaise with a diversity of individuals internally and externally
- An agile and self-motivated learner who can manage deadlines.
- Strong sense of follow-through.
- Computer proficiency, including with databases, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain professional demeanor and convey information accurately.
- A positive outlook, and a proactive and efficient approach to handling tasks in a busy department.
- Prior experience with title management systems (e.g. Biblio) and marketing management systems preferred but not required.
- Enthusiasm for collaboration, and commitment to professional codes of conduct, located at https://press.princeton.edu/about/mission-values.
- While the Princeton, NJ office is currently closed due to the pandemic, once the office reopens, interested candidates need be able to work from the Press’s NJ office for networking and professional development. Flexibility with in-office days will be permitted.
PUP is a strong advocate for greater diversity, equity, and inclusion in the university press community. Individuals who are members of groups underrepresented in academic publishing (which is, according to research by Lee & Low, historically a majority white, straight, cisgender, and nondisabled industry) are encouraged to apply. The Press provides a comprehensive and affordable benefits package and is located in a historic building on Princeton University’s campus that is walking distance from downtown Princeton with easy car access to Route 1 and walking distance from the Princeton train station.
Base Salary: $42,000/year plus comprehensive benefits package. Starting salary may be negotiable based on relevant skills and prior experience.
Application Instructions: Submit cover letter* and resume at PUP’s application website at the direct apply URL listed below.
*Please include in your cover letter salary requirements and a description of what you’re currently reading and what’s on your “to read” list.
Due to application volume, only finalists will be contacted. For more information on Princeton University Press, visit http://press.princeton.edu/.
Princeton University Press is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.