The Social Media & Content Specialist reports to the Senior Manager, Social Media. The Content Team within the Marketing & Communications Department provides synthesized content for both collateral pieces and digital platforms to tell United Way’s story and drive donors to give, advocate and volunteer. The Content Team also plays an essential role in educating the public about United Way’s Child Well-Being Agenda and in reporting successes that contribute to the organization’s goal to improve the lives of more than 250,000 children by 2027.
The Social Media & Content Specialist will help to tell United Way of Greater Atlanta’s story online, using our digital communications channels to connect with new audiences and deepen relationships in our communities.
This role supports the goals of:
- Gathering and distributing a wide variety of content that demonstrates the value-added processes, strategies and collective efforts of United Way and its partners in the community;
- Increasing awareness and knowledge among the public and followers on social media platforms about key issues related to child well-being and how United Way and its partners are collectively making progress.
- Live event coverage on social media (some nights and weekends required, including required attendance at United Way of Greater Atlanta signature events)
- Social media customer service: community management of social media groups and pages
- Social listening and proactive online engagement with United Way partners and donors
- Creation, drafting and scheduling of social media content
- Package impact stories for use on blog and social media
- Coordinate and film Share Your Why videos as a part of our weekly video campaign
- Monthly reporting on social media metrics
- Assist in the management of affinity group social media channels
- Create and deploy weekly internal email newsletter
- Build and curate user-generated content library
- File management of social media content bank