The list below is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability utilized while performing this job.
1. Ability to adhere to the organization’s Core Principles.
2. Ability to work independently with minimal instruction and or direction from supervisor.
3. Knowledge of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and procedures for Public Protection.
4. Ability to operate Point of Sale (POS) system.
5. Ability to react calmly and respond to emergency situations.
6. Skilled in conducting phone and face-to-face interviews.
7. Skilled in maintaining inventory, sales, and store records.
8. Ability to effectively supervise, train and mentor store personnel and community workers.
Education and/or Experience
High School education or equivalent is required. A minimum of three (3) years retail and two (2) years management experience. Prefer working experience with people who have disabilities and/or previous Goodwill experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, Internet Browser. Experience utilizing a POS system.
This position has supervisory responsibilities including supervision of subordinate supervisors.
Purchasing Authority Level - General Managers and Retail Operations Assistants
Special Conditions of Employment
(e.g. physical or environmental requirements, irregular work schedule, required license or certification, background check)
1. Regularly lift and /or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
2. Vision abilities required by this job include: close, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
3. Standing and walking for long periods of time.
4. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
License and Certifications
Valid Florida Driver’s License with a clean driving record and current private auto insurance policy.
Goodwill Industries of Central Florida is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon Goodwill Industries of Central Florida receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Drug Free Workplace