Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience as an Employment Specialist, Job Developer, Business service Representative
- Lived experience a plus
Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
- Knowledge of the complex barriers surrounding women's homelessness and unemployment
- Experience working with issues of homelessness, trauma, and mental health preferred
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and ability to build relationships with women, coworkers, and community partners from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, implement plans, and meet deadlines
- Active listening and problem-solving skills, a solution-oriented attitude, and good judgment
- Experience serving as a mentor or program counselor
- Knowledge of culturally responsible interventions
- Experience with employment coordination
- Attention to detail
- Relationship building skills
- Public speaking
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- This position works part of the time in a professional office environment on Skid Row, but is also a traveling position, assisting clients off-site, at their homes and or off-site locations.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Mondays-Fridays 8:30am 5:00pm, with the flexibility to adjust schedule to work other dates and times as needed.
This is a traveling position, assisting clients off site, at their homes and or off site locations, and requires access to personal transportation.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Downtown Womens Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, genetic information, national origin and ancestry, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, military and veteran status or medical condition. In addition to federal law requirements, Downtown Women's Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.