Performance Hospitality is a lifestyle hotel management company committed to providing outstanding service to our guests! We manage a variety of branded, independent hotels in major US markets. We take pride in our ability to deliver exceptional guest and associate experiences by focusing on inspiring individuals through a thoughtful delivery of self-expression hospitality. We believe that providing innovative, cutting-edge practices, along with transparent communications, is a fundamental part of our commitment.
The Cook I is primarily responsible for preparing food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe sanitary work environment.
Essential Function of Job:
- Prepare of food that is of a consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per dupe from servers.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per the SOP, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures; Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
- Adhere to sanitation practices and safety daily to ensure the total guest satisfaction. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare more than estimated needs. Return all food items not used on next shift to designed storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables. Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per SOP.
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and applicable health codes.
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend, walk during entire shift and to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
High School Diploma or equivalent; Formal culinary training or degree in culinary arts or Hotel restaurant management preferred. Minimum three (3) years prior culinary experience is a must. Serve-save certification is preferred.