Gotham Greens is seeking a Packaging Engineer who will be responsible for organizing, planning, managing, and executing packaging innovation development and cost reduction projects across the company. They will be at the forefront of the exciting innovation within our new and existing Greenhouses, have full ownership over continuous improvement initiatives for our packaging processes.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assume end-to-end responsibility for equipment selection, installation, maintenance, and repair.
- Support new Greenhouse development and commissioning of new sites.
- Improve system and equipment reliability through demonstrated use of continuous improvement processes, problem solving, and productivity analyses.
- Provide technical and business expertise on manufacturing systems, technologies, products, and materials.
- Provide technical support in capital projects and new product material testing.
- Work closely with vendor partners and co-packers on equipment selection, design, and cost.
- Ensure that new installations are documented with SOPs for ongoing operations and maintenance.
WHO YOU ARE
- BSc in a relevant Engineering discipline such as Packaging, Electrical, Mechanical, or Automation.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in packaging improvement projects.
- Demonstrated track record of driving performance improvements in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience with fresh produce/highly perishable products preferred.
- AutoCAD drafting experience.
- Electrical and plumbing experience.
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.