Who is Comprehensive Healthcare?
Comprehensive Healthcare provides innovative behavioral health and integrated healthcare services to clients of all ages. We take pride in our creative and collaborative work environment and in delivering clinically excellent, trauma-informed, recovery-oriented services.
What are we looking for in a Mental Health Worker?
Mental Health Workers provide care, support, and a safe living environment for individuals residing within our 24-hour inpatient and residential facilities. Mental Health Workers follow trauma-informed care practices to support clients in stabilizing symptoms and learning illness management skills with the goal of improving quality of life. This position is supported by a multidisciplinary team that includes nurses, therapists, prescribers, and other direct care staff. The Mental Health Worker position is part-time and as-needed, with no set schedule. Available shifts may include days, nights, and weekends. This position is not eligible for benefits. We have positions available at each of our inpatient and residential units in Yakima.
Mental Health Worker duties may include:
- promoting and engaging in therapeutic activities with clients
- accompanying clients to appointments, community events, and outings
- collaborating with the client’s family & natural supports, and with community support and healthcare providers
- providing coaching and supportive counseling in both group & individual settings
- monitoring medication self-administration, symptoms & medication response
- maintaining a safe and clean environment, which may vary from general housekeeping to deep cleaning depending on assigned facility
- completing required documentation that reflects the activities, goals, and progress of each client
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous related experience preferred
- Must be eligible for registration as Agency Affiliated Counselor
- Must have valid driver's license and vehicle liability insurance
What Comprehensive Healthcare Can Offer You
Training and Development
- A variety of career opportunities in a wide range of settings with room for mobility and promotion
- Regular training opportunities including support, supervision, and consultation in implementing evidence-based services and programs
Innovative Program & Services
- A strong reputation for providing quality, evidence-based services within a collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment
- Innovative, forward-looking leadership that seeks to thrive in an ever-changing healthcare environment
- Joint Commission-accredited organization committed to continuous quality improvement
- Established partnerships with major research universities and other community and healthcare providers to implement cutting-edge treatment programs and services
- Competitive salaries within our communities and industry
- Healthcare coverage for employee and qualified family members
- Generous vacation, paid holiday and sick leave policies
- Access to Employee Assistance Program services
- Agency-funded retirement plan with contributions equal to 5% of compensation
- Additional retirement investment opportunities with a 50% investment match of up to 4% of compensation
- Agency-funded life and disability insurance program
- Financial incentives to further employee education