- Bachelor’s degree in a related is required, Master’s preferred.
- 3 or more years related grant writing experience, with particular preference for higher education grant writing experience
- Proven track record in grant writing that resulted in funding, including but not limited to grants from federal, state and local governments, private and family foundations and corporations.
- Ability to analyze and systematically compile technical and statistical information and to prepare reports and correspondence; comprehend and make inferences from written material; interpret federal, state, and local government laws and regulations regarding grant contracts and administration; review the work products of others to ensure conformance to standards; communicate orally and in writing with customers, clients or the public; work effectively with a variety of staff, other governmental representatives, and the public; operate a variety of office equipment.
- Able to effectively interact with diverse population of students and faculty
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Proficiency with donor relationship software
- 3-5 years of experience in higher education, alumni relations or advancement is strongly preferred
- Excellent research, interpersonal, oral and written skills are required to succeed in this position
ABOUT SPALDING UNIVERSITY:
Nestled in the midst of Kentucky’s largest city, historic Spalding University combines a rich history and a commitment to community service as we attract students who desire a high-quality education in a very personalized setting. An engaged faculty serves 1800 students at the bachelors’, masters, and doctoral levels, providing quality, real-world learning in liberal and professional studies.
Faculty, staff, and students are united by the institutional mission:
Spalding University is a diverse community of learners dedicated to meeting the needs of the times in the tradition of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth through quality undergraduate and graduate liberal and professional studies, grounded in spiritual values, with emphasis on service and the promotion of peace and justice.
With a focus on community service and leadership, Spalding offers all students a mission-driven connection to community and comprehensive learning resources while striking a distinctive balance serving the educational needs of both the traditional student and the working adult. In addition, our unique 6-week session delivery format affords students needed scheduling flexibility amidst other life responsibilities.
Spalding University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The University complies with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. It is the University’s policy not to discriminate against any individual or group of individuals and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status, or other protected status. All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.