Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and foodservice customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon, and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, “Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful.” As a Sales Support Representative, you’ll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing talent and recruiting from within, and previous employees have gone on to work in a wide variety of roles throughout the company.
General Description: This position is responsible for assisting brokers by providing administrative support, allowing them to maximize their relationships and sales to new and existing customers. The Sales Support Representative must have strong skills, good initiative, and the ability to prioritize.
- Assist sales representatives with administrative and sales activities, including:
- Sales Order Entry
- Purchase Order Entry
- Processing passing’s from Vendors, and to Customers
- Item Code creation
- Freight scheduling
- Filing and Recordkeeping
- Occasional phone interaction with customers and vendors
- Limited Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable data entry (no collections)
- Work with the Marketing team to create collateral
- Maintain and update vendor and grower certifications
- Partner with others to successfully execute programs and projects
- Positively represent the company by treating customers and other employees in a positive and professional manner
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues as requested and demonstrate a sense of urgency by providing efficient and timely responses to requests
- Continually work to improve industry knowledge