By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
The technician will work as part of the kitting team under the planning group to complete all tasks related to subassemblies and top-level product kits, packaging and labeling to prepare products for warehousing and/or shipments to customers.
- Follow SOPs, work instructions and/or drawings to ensure product specifications are met
- Assemble, label, and package a wide variety of kits: product components, sub kits and top-level kits
- Prepare a collection of product components, sub kits and top-level kits for shipping (Pick to Order, PTO)
- Prepare demo kits as needed
- Stage material for kitting operation
- Inspect collection of kit components for expiration dates
- Submit daily kitting numbers and associated types (sub kits / top-level kits) to manager at end of shift
- Perform daily temperature check on freezers and refrigerators
- Complete all paperwork using Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Notify manager or other designated personnel of production problems, product non-conformance, inventory discrepancies, etc.
- Communicate material shortages to manager or other designated personnel
- Ensure sufficient kitting inventory is on hand to fulfill shipping requirements
- Responsible for the organization and maintenance of all inventory in the kitting work area
- Participate in daily cleaning of bins, trays, workspace, etc.
- Maintain an organized, safe, and efficient work area (5S)
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives related to operations
- Communicate suggestions for improvements to manager to enhance product quality, employee productivity and workplace safety
- Flexible in changing from assigned tasks without diminishing the quality of work performed
- Provide occasional support to Logistics team by performing shipments packaging and transactions
- Performs timely and accurate inventory cycle counts
- All listed duties and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional duties and responsibilities