LJA Mission Statement:
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US.
- Must possess excellent hospitality skills and a strong desire to foster an attitude of Christian hospitality to “exceed guests’ expectations”.
- Primary focus is greeting and seating customers with a positive attitude to ensure a positive first impression, and an overall positive dining experience.
- Be on time for all shifts and maintain a neat professional appearance. Wear a clean, wrinkle free uniform, and name tag.
- Must provide hospitality to ALL persons, without discrimination.
- Be professional and understanding when working with guests’ requests with a positive can do attitude.
- Responsible for the seating rotation to ensure a positive dining experience for the guests.
- Manages guest wait times and communicate information as needed to the guest, servers or manager.
- Answer phone using proper telephone etiquette and clear voice.
- Take table reservations and/or to-go orders accurately.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the host and surrounding areas.
- Responsible for timely and accurate guest bill transactions.
- Performs safe cash handling procedures in accordance with policy and accurately completes cash, credit card, and discount transactions in an accurate and responsible manner. Must be able to count correct change.
- Ensure the completion of call in orders before guest delivery.
- Assist with side work and other functions as instructed by manager
- Immediately communicate with the Bistro Manager any problems or matters of significance for prompt corrective or alternatives action.
- Development positive working relationship with all food service employees and work as part of a team by helping others as needed or requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with the daily cleaning of the front of house to meet health standards and maintain Grade “A” Health Certificate.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation policies, practices, procedures related to Covid-19 for front and back of the house operations.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures and report any unsafe activities or conditions immediately to supervisor or the Human Resources department.