Criteria for the Dean of Arts and Sciences
The successful candidate must possess high academic and personal standards, be energetic and persistent in the pursuit of excellence, and be comfortable with the values and culture of the University of Health Sciences & Pharmacy in St. Louis environment. The principal professional qualities and experience sought are:
- A doctoral degree in a field that is aligned with College of Arts and Sciences current and future academic offerings
- Distinguished leadership experience with substantial administrative experience and a record of scholarly achievement in teaching or research including a track record and experience commensurate with appointment as Professor in a Department in the College of Arts and Sciences with tenure.
- Demonstrated leadership in mentoring and developing faculty as well as proven success or aptitude for relating positively with students, faculty, alumni, partners and stakeholders domestically and abroad, policy makers, association leaders, the business community, and state and local government officials;
- Demonstrated commitment to liberal arts and science education recognizing the role arts and sciences have to positively impact the health of populations especially the medically underserved and vulnerable through systems-based approaches, advances in health care delivery, service, and outreach to promote wellness.
- Demonstrated leadership as a highly visible connector in engaging the community in the social justice discourse and action encompassing issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate to, communicate with and develop relationships with a wide range of individuals and groups;
- Strong commitment to shared governance and transparency throughout the College and the University;
- Successful skills in budget and staff management, capital campaigns and advancement, strategic planning, business management, utilization of internal and external data, and ability to allocate resources and prioritize to ensure goals are met;
- Ability to build and sustain strong intra and inter-College research collaboration, develop relations with external educational and research partners, and develop funding for research and academic programs;
- Ability to articulate a bold, courageous, and strategic vision for global and population health and ensure that the College's academic and research programs are positioned to overcome challenges and meet that vision;
- Ability to lead, support, develop, and recruit a distinguished, accomplished, and diverse faculty of global health, public health, health communications, behavioral and data scientists;
- Establishment of direct contact and rapport with members of all the College's constituencies including students, faculty, staff, alumni, and members of the University of Health Sciences & Pharmacy in St. Louis community;
- Exceptional social and interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills
If this sounds like the job for you here is information on how to apply:
Applications and nominations are now being accepted at www.uhsp.edu/employment through September 17, 2021. With your application please submit a CV and a second document outlining interest in a cover letter, references, and a statement on your vision for the College of Arts and Sciences. The search will be conducted with a commitment of confidentiality for candidates until finalists are selected. Initial screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made.
University of Health Sciences & Pharmacy in St. Louis values the benefits of a diverse student body and workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. The University's employment policy shall be supported through a continuing affirmative action commitment that embodies the standards of equal employment opportunities for all persons. EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disabled.