LJA Mission Statement:
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US
- Must possess excellent hospitality skills and a strong desire to foster an attitude of “exceeding guest’s expectations”.
- Must maintain professional appearance including wearing a clean, pressed uniform.
- Must be honest, reliable, and prompt in assisting guest through daily contact.
- Regularly clean and maintain furniture, rooms, and guest common areas on the Lake’s campus to departmental and industry standards.
- Constantly keep hallways, elevators, stairways, meeting rooms, and offices clean, including outside areas.
- Assure appropriate appearance of all public areas and private rooms for guest comfort.
- Vacuums and cleans all floors and carpets in guest rooms or public areas.
- Dusts and polishes all furniture, keeps windows and doors clean.
- Scrubs, disinfects and deodorizes all bathroom fixtures.
- Strips beds, collects dirty linen, and make beds with fresh linens.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures and report any unsafe activities or conditions immediately to supervisor.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required.