We are looking for a highly motivated and team oriented Anatomic Pathology Accessioning Supervisor. As AP Accessioning Supervisor, you will work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This position will oversee sample accessioning, specimen intake and provide leadership support to other technical departments during the evening. This individual will demonstrate technical expertise including decision-making, response to problems, identifying errors and taking corrective actions. The Accessioning Supervisor will manage the daily workload to ensure the organizational goals are met. The ideal candidate will be a confident public speaker and a devoted educator who is up to date on the latest tools and resources needed to improve employee training, engagement and performance. This position will utilize Lean and Six Sigma principles to improve productivity, streamline workflow and create a high performing team.
As a AP Accessioning Supervisor, you may perform any of the following duties or group of duties:
- Supervise specimen accessioning
- Manage and share daily workload; use time wisely, providing a productive atmosphere to maximize
- Maintains client services quality control through communication and problem solving with our Labs, Sales team, and ordering clients/patients to ensure test order accuracy and prompt service delivery
- Understand the ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspects of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately
- Demonstrate an awareness of client expectations and seek ways to satisfy
- Perform, evaluate and document employee competency
- Maintain good communication with leadership, team members, and customers
- Documents all feedback and suggestions from clients and sales representatives with the goal to make constant improvements to department and company practices in mind
- Issue and resolve accessioning tickets
- Participate in interview, selection, hiring and on-boarding of new staff.
- Meets and reports daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly goals for Accessioning Team
- Troubleshoot sample, system and process issues raised by staff, customers or others.
- Ensures safety and health of the workplace and team members
- Coordinate with leads within the department and external
- Comfortability with making decisions in a changing environment
- Accessioning production as needed
- Backup coverage for Support Services Manager as needed
- Minimum High School graduate
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred with emphasis of life sciences or project management
- Two (2) years previous experience as a supervisor, or related position
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), and instructional software
- Strong project management skills with the ability to supervise multiple projects
- Prior leadership roles preferred
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with no supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to adapt and implement changes quickly
- Ability to actively listen and anticipate customer needs. Attention to detail.
- Be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Computer use
- Manual dexterity