CLOSING DATE: Position is Open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
SALARY: $60,025.00 starting
REPORTS TO: Medical Director
LOCATION: Inchelium, WA; Keller as needed
Lake Roosevelt Community Health Centers provide responsive, high quality health care services that meet the needs of all users in a non-discriminatory, confidential, compassionate, and professional atmosphere. To meet this mission, it is expected that all employees, regardless of job title, perform their job duties in a professional manner; this expectation includes awareness of and high-quality service to our many customers, developing and maintaining job competence, ethical personal behavior, the development, and job maintenance of supportive and caring relationships with others at work and basic professional integrity. Meeting these expectations is a minimum requirement for continued employment.
Distinguishing Career Features
The Nutritionist will provide our clients with comprehensive advice on matters of well-being. As an expert in food and nutrition, people/programs depend on the position to guide them towards better eating habits to prevent ill-health. This position is responsible for assessing peoples needs using scientific methods and determining the most suitable nutrition plans. Person must be qualified and well-versed in relevant matters and skilled in suggesting personalized solutions. Our goal for this position is to contribute to the maintenance of a clients health constitution thus delivering values to our reservation clients and programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proven experience as nutritionist serving both individual needs and Tribal program duties and responsibilities by evaluating the dietary needs of a client by assessing their health and exercise levels, sleep, and food habits, etc.
- Provides health education services in the ambulatory outpatient and inpatient setting within the limits of the individuals training. Clarify information to clients and explain the effects of nutrients on overall health condition.
- Offer counseling and suggest positive alterations in nutrition to address clients dietary restrictions.
- Create full and personalized nutrition plans that promote healthy lifestyles.
- Set clear objectives and provide support to clients to help them in their progress.
- Conduct scientific research to expand field related knowledge such as the impacts of nutrients, the benefits of diets to bodys functions.
- Write and publish articles to educate the public.
- Make presentations on a variety of topics such as how nutrition affects performance in sports, schools, and daily life skills.
- Attends staff and other special meetings.
- Organizes and facilitates purchases for office/division, monitors purchases, organizes and tracks orders, fixed assets, and maintain supplies in accordance with purchasing policies and associated grants.
- Researches and assembles information from a variety of sources for the preparation of records, reports and special projects.
Knowledge and Skills:
The position requires a degree in nutritional science, dietetics, or relevant field. Proven experience as a nutritionist. Thorough understanding of biochemistry and human physiology. Requires advanced working knowledge of personal computer-based software programs that support this level of work, including but not limited to common office productivity software. Good understanding of research methods and data analysis. Requires sufficient math skills to tabulate, summarize, compile and compute statistical information. Requires sufficient knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation to prepare professional correspondence and write and edit report text. Requires sufficient human relations skill to work productively and cooperatively with other work teams, exercise patience when dealing with internal and external customers, convey technical concepts, and review performance.
Requires ability to learn, interpret, explain, and apply knowledge of Tribal organization and business processes, and special terminology used in the assigned office. Requires the ability to prepare budgets, variance analyses, and cost/benefit studies. Requires the ability to manage grant portfolios. Requires the ability to prepare spreadsheets, graphs, and charts.
Requires sufficient hand-eye-arm coordination to use a keyboard and 10-key plus arm/hand movements to retrieve work materials and operate a variety of general office equipment. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers. Requires auditory ability to carry on conversations over the phone and in person.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree in food, nutrition, food service management, or related field. Registered Dietitian (RD) by Commission on Dietetic Registration. Accredited Dietetic Internship (DI) by the American Dietetic Association (ADA), a Washington State Food Handlers. Valid Washington State license to practice the profession.
Licenses and Certificates:
Requires a valid drivers license and be eligible for the Tribes vehicle insurance and maintain throughout employment.
Work is performed indoors, and minimal local travel to various reservation programs/schools to assist with program development and/or menus.
A background clearance is required and must maintain clearance throughout employment. Tribal member and Indian preference will apply. Preference will be giving to honorably discharged veterans who are minimally qualified. Must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
TRIBAL MEMBER AND INDIAN PREFERENCE WILL APPLY; PREFERENCE WILL ALSO BE GIVEN TO HONORABLY DISCHARGED VETERANS WHO ARE MINIMALLY QUALIFIED.
If required of this position, you must possess and maintain a valid Washington State drivers license and be eligible for the Tribes Vehicle Insurance. In addition, this position may be subject to pre-employment background clearances. If applicable, these clearances must be maintained throughout employment.
INFORMATION: Lake Roosevelt Community Health Centers, Human Resources Office, P. O. Box 290, Inchelium, WA 99138, Contact Leeann Waters-Romero, 509-722-7686 or firstname.lastname@example.org