ANA is part of the Asmodee Group, a global corporation headquartered in France and a worldwide leader in the creation, manufacturing, and distribution of games. Our games tell immersive stories that inspire people to push the boundaries of their imagination and include top tier titles such as, “CATAN,” “Ticket to Ride,” and “Spot It” among others. Our global success has come from our publishing studios and distribution networks where we transform high-potential stories into iconic consumer products. ANA believes in the power of ideas, leads with equality and universality, and strives to empower employees in our overarching effort to consistently create great games and tell amazing stories. We base our success on our three core values both internally and in the wider market; honesty, integrity, and fairness drives everything we do.
The Information Technology Development Manager/Lead Software Architect is a player/coach who supports the business by ensuring forward-looking development efforts. Scope encompasses IT Development projects and maintenance of the web application and portfolios which enable business solutions. These portfolios include but are not limited to applications to support marketing strategy, developed applications, and related integrations with packaged software.
- Directly supervise, manage priorities, and ensure appropriate training of IT Development team; this includes hiring, mentoring, coaching, developing, and holding the IT Dev team accountable for delivery of product portfolios.
- Collaborate with IT Director and business leadership to develop strategy and roadmaps which IT Development Team uses to enable business strategy with respect to portfolios.
- Translate customer/business needs to ensure Dev roadmaps are delivered against core customer value propositions that align with Asmodee's strategic vision.
- Craft a vision for product(s) and product portfolios that demonstrates an understanding of the product goals and organizational needs. Connect Asmodees broader strategic vision to your own product and product vision.
- Evangelize the portfolio and product strategy, vision, and roadmap across the organization, using clear and consistent communication.
- Responsible for overall systems design and architecture standards for product portfolios.
- Responsible for the design, development, testing, and deployment of Dev solutions while minimizing technical debt.
- Ensure that architecture and design standards that account for functional and nonfunctional requirements are created, adhered to, and measured. Nonfunctional requirements include scalability, durability, high availability, security, performance, maintainability, and usability.
- Maintain focus on minimizing technical debt.
- Develop and execute plans to ensure ongoing maintenance and support of product portfolios.
- Responsible for managing and right-sizing Applications-related AWS segments, in collaboration with IT Operations Manager and IT Director.
- Hold 3rd party vendors accountable as required and ensure appropriate design, architecture, and adherence to Asmodees values and standards.
- Collaborate with IT Director to develop project and maintenance budgets, and then manage against that plan.
- Direct and assist with maintaining internal technical documentation.
- Collaborate with IT Director, business stakeholders, engineers, user experience (UX) teams, program managers, and other relevant teams to drive superior customer experiences.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Solid leadership orientation; actively seeks ways in which to act as a role model while guiding, developing, and mentoring others within the department.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with the ability to prioritize competing tasks and work well as a productive member of the team.
- Solid customer focus and ability to work well under pressure; ability to anticipate business/user needs without being prompted
- Resourcefulness, can-do attitude, and problem-solving aptitude.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently on projects.
- Detail oriented and dedicated to writing maintainable software.
- Comfort with collaboration and open communication with a strong focus on business outcomes.
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented design patterns and best practices.
- Knowledge of AJAX design patterns.