The Membership Representative is a very important, highly visible position providing exceptional customer service to our community. In this role, you will develop strong and supportive relationships focusing on the needs of the member. You will assist in the enrollment process for membership and programs that will help community members achieve their goals.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: We are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: We value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: We believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: We support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: Above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Welcome and greet all community members as they enter our facilities.
- Create excellent member experiences through engaging conversations and connecting them to membership benefits and programs.
- Process membership and program registrations keeping a focus on correct standard operating procedures.
- Provide highly engaged cause driven tours.
- Be a team player working well with others and being punctual.
- Offer excellent communication in person and over the phone answering community member questions.
- Works well with multiple computer software systems for registrations, scheduling, reservations and other transactions.
- Help train new Membership Representatives with supervisor guidance.
- Support the Membership Department on higher level initiatives including: creating department schedules, flyers, prospect management, tour tracking and more.
- Ability to constantly and quickly move to various locations in and around the entire facility
- Physically perform all CPR and First Aid skills and/or assist as needed in emergency situations
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Bend or stoop to reach various height levels
Full-time employees receive medical, dental and vision insurance, group life insurance and long-term disability paid by the Y; short-term disability, term life insurance and dependent life insurance is available for purchase; generous paid time off, retirement plan with employer contribution of 12% of salary (subject to eligibility requirements), free YMCA membership, free afterschool childcare and summer day camp and program discounts.
The YMCA of WNC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, faith, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.