The team at the Metro Atlanta Chamber (MAC) strives every day to honor our seven organizational values. One way we do that is by recruiting the region’s – and dare we say, the world’s – top talent. Our colleagues represent a diverse group of professionals from across industry sectors, organizational types and geographic regions, all striving for excellence. They set MAC apart as a premier organization to work for and engage with, both across the region and beyond.
MAC’s multicultural and multigenerational team extends from metro Atlanta’s diversity and vitality. Most importantly, we celebrate our differences and welcome the wide-range of experiences that our colleagues bring to their roles every day. To build on those diverse backgrounds, we’re encouraged to participate in professional development activities and offered opportunities to work alongside our region’s top business leaders.
Walking into the MAC offices reveals a bright, modern space that’s bustling with innovation and ripe for collaboration. And don’t forget about the 360-degree views, Coca-Cola freestyle machine, wellness room, one-of-a-kind art and one of downtown Atlanta’s most photographed lobby art pieces: our giant, custom-built, wooden ATL. We’re proud of our tech-savvy workspace and think you’ll be impressed, too.
At MAC, we believe that metro Atlanta is the center of what’s new, now and next in business, entertainment, tech and much more. And we can’t wait to share our story on a global scale.
We are currently hiring an Associate Project Manager – Project Management and Regional Partnerships to collaborate with our economic development allies at all levels to attract and grow businesses and jobs across industries. This role will work directly with internal Project Management team members by generating and pursuing leads, working with partners, managing corporate site selection processes, interacting with the other MAC teams and departments and supporting departmental marketing and other initiatives.
- Supports the Project Management team members by keeping records updated, overseeing the Project Management budget, being the liaison for the Regional Marketing Alliance, planning meetings and events, coordinating activities with partners, coordinating the development of marketing materials, helping to create new processes, and interacting with partners and clients. Ability to maintain project confidentiality is critical.
- Generates or assists in generating leads by cultivating relationships with relocation consultants and real estate brokers and working with local economic development entities (e.g., Georgia Power, Georgia Department of Economic Development and local groups). Works with other MAC target industry units to maximize the use of information and expertise. Keeps management leads and projects data bases current. Maintains confidentiality of leads and respective projects.
- Secures new businesses by assisting in or preparing responses to requests for information (RFI), arranging for marketing trips and site visits, and assisting with the facilitation of deal closings. Within these prospective projects, facilitation of critical factors such as real estate solutions, availability of talent and infrastructure and competitive incentives will be provided. Successful pursuit processes require leveraging relationships with economic development allies, local and state government as appropriate and the MAC investor network.
- Contributes to Chamber marketing and other initiatives by coordinating events, compiling reports, and working with the brand communications staff to arrange for media announcements and opportunities to be quoted.
- Build a network of economic development partners at the state and local level as well as real estate brokers and site location consultants and other related service providers inside and outside of Metro Atlanta.
- Learn about Metro Atlanta to be able to answer questions from businesses and their consultants evaluating new or expanded operations in our region.