Give Kids The World engages almost 1,000 volunteers each week in more than 60 different shift assignments throughout the day. Working together, we believe that each volunteer and staff member has the ability to help create the perfect storybook experience for the special families we host at our magical Village.
Our Volunteer Services team is responsible for fulfilling 100% daily coverage with qualified and committed volunteers to maintain successful operation of Give Kids The World areas. This internship will give you the opportunity for hands on volunteer management experience.
Ideally able to provide 3-4 days of availability per week (24-32 hours per week)
Job Responsibilities include:
- Greeting, scheduling and supervising volunteers during scheduled shifts.
- Filling 100% of call-ins or no shows for volunteer positions.
- Supporting recruitment, recognition and retention efforts.
- Serving as liaison between GKTW staff and volunteers and meeting with appropriate supervising staff on a regular basis.
- Solving volunteer conflicts and reporting incidents and challenges.
- Daily reporting and maintaining schedules of designated areas.
- Clerical duties such as answering phones, lobby desk coverage, submitting work orders and requisitioning supplies.
- All other Village support duties as assigned.
Physical Demands Beyond Normal Office Environment:
- Must be able to sit in office for extensive periods.
- Ability to lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and/or holidays.